We’re excited to announce that just over a month after the initial release of Microsoft 365 Security for IT Pros, we’ve published our first update! This update is packed with lots of new content, and we’ve kept our promise to deliver updates to most of the chapters. Thanks to your feedback, we’ve been able to correct broken links and spelling mistakes throughout the book too!
Here’s a glance of what’s in this update:
- Chapter 1: Updated section on Cyber Risk Management and rewrote parts of security framework(s)
- Chapter 2: Introduction to Entra Permissions Management
- Chapter 4: Expanded on WDAC, elaborated on principles and strategy of endpoint security, rewrote section on mobile device security and mobile device management
- Chapter 5: Updated to include support for AU’s in Purview
- Chapter 7: Included info on Live Response
- Chapter 9: Added new section on AIP Scanner refresh and the Purview Console
- Chapter 10: Introduction to Endpoint DLP
- Chapter 13: Added info on Analytic Rule Scheduling and Health
- Chapter 14: Added new section on how to handle false positive alerts
We appreciate your support and the many messages we’ve received. Although we may not always be able to respond quickly due to the volume of emails, please know that we read all of them. If you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback for us, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
As always, you can download the files through your Gumroad account, or using the link you received (from Gumroad) during your purchase.
We hope that you find our book enjoyable, and we look forward to bringing you even more updates and new content in the future.
-Michael and the author team