We are happy and excited to announce availability of the 2022 edition of Microsoft 365 Security for IT Pros! The teams has worked hard and long to ensure the new edition is even better than the previous one. We’ve made numerous changes, created three brand-new chapters, completely rewrote the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint chapter and added several other updates throughout the book.
This is the new chapter list:
- Introduction. An introduction to security principles and Microsoft as a security vendor.
- Securing identities. How Azure Active Directory and its many features can help you further secure your identities.
- Microsoft Defender for Identity. How to extend cloud security into your on-premises Active Directory.
- Endpoint Management. Device Management, delivered through the cloud. The foundation for many other features and your zero-trust approach.
- Securing Email. Basic email security, message authentication and how to secure Exchange Online and leverage Exchange Online Protection.
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365. How to leverage Microsoft Defender for Office 365’s capabilities to enhance security in Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams and OneDrive for Business.
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Endpoint Protection with Microsoft. Everything you wanted to know and more.
- Cloud App Security. Everything about Cloud App Security and why it’s so important in an end-to-end approach.
- Microsoft 365 Defender. The glue that stitches everything together.
- Microsoft Information Protection. Everything you wanted to know about labeling in Office 365, using the AIP Scanner, Data Loss Prevention and Sensitive Information Types.
- Azure Sentinel. Perhaps not part of Microsoft 365, but a huge added value to your security operations. We just couldn’t resist!
- Real-world scenarios. A chapter dedicated to real-life examples and scenarios.
The sponsored chapter by Scappman, an upcoming ISV focusing on extending the app management of Microsoft Endpoint Manager, highlights the challenges of maintaining applications and how their solution can help you overcome many of those challenges.
The book is available at a reduced introduction rate of $ 24.95. This offer is valid until September 1st, 2021.
Subscribers to the 2021 edition will have received an email on how to upgrade their subscription to the 2022 edition.