Let me start by wishing you a happy New Year and all the best for 2021!
In case you’ve missed it, a couple of days ago we’ve released the 2021-01 update of the Microsoft 365 Security for IT Pros e-book.
This time around, we’ve made numerous updates, including the following:
- Chapter 1: Included information regarding the recent Solorigate attack and how it pertains to security in general.
- Chapter 2: Added example of integrating LastPass (Enterprise) with Azure AD, and made several other (minor) updates across the chapter. Included a new section on creating an app registration as well.
- Chapter 3: Updated information regarding GA of MDE for iOS and Android.
- Chapter 4: Included sections on RBAC, Privileged Access Management (for Exchange Online) and TLS for mail encryption (transport security).
- Chapter 5: Expanded Threat Explorer Coverage
- Chapter 6: included information on the use of external applications and scripts with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s APIs
- Chapter 7: Included section on the use of Information Protection with MCAS
- Chapter 8: added (short) section on the benefits of Microsoft 365 Defender with the recent Solorigate attack(s).
The next update is schedule around the beginning of February 2021.
More information on updates is provided in the change log.
How to get the update(s)?
If you’ve previously purchased the book, head over to your Gumroad account and download the newer version of the file(s). If you did not create a Gumroad account, your original receipt from Gumroad will include a link to the downloadable content (“View Content”-button). You can bookmark that link to easily get access to your files in the future.
The files are named:
- Microsoft 365 Security for IT Pros (2021) – 2021-01 release.pdf
- Microsoft 365 Security for IT Pros (2021) – 2021-01 release (EPUB).epub
Don’t forget to share your feedback with the team. We’re only humans and typos or other mistakes can happen. Your feedback ensures we can continue to improve the book, add new content as you would like to see it and more.